Luke 2:52 says . . .
“And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” Within this single verse of scripture, the purpose of Kingsway Christian School is clearly presented:
Our purposes are for students to…
I. …grow in WISDOM as established in Proverbs 2:1-5 and James 3:13.
- …to develop in each student an educational process which places the revealed
Word of God at its very center, challenging the student and teacher to
evaluate everything through the eyes of God because God is Truth. (John 14:6, 10:30, Heb. 4:12,13)
- …to provide each student with the basic learning skills including the ability to
read, the mastery of math, and the ability to express thoughts orally and in
writing. (Prov. 4:1-13, 25:11, Eph. 4:15, Jas. 1:19, Luke 14:28-33)
II. …grow in STATURE as established in I Corinthians 6:19,20.
- …to assist each student in developing his or her full potential in body, mind
and spirit. (I Cor. 3:16,17, 9:24-27)
- …to provide each student with the best possible environment for the attainment
of spiritual, academic, and athletic excellence. (Phil. 4:8, Titus 3:1-8, and Rom. 12)
III. …grow in FAVOR WITH GOD as established in Matt. 22:36-40 and 2 Peter 3:18.
- …to present to each student the truth about God, life, the world, man and man’s purpose for existence. (Gen. 1-20, John 3:16,17, and Acts 4:12)
- …to instill in each student a system of values and worldview consistent with the Word of God and to lead each student to a personal faith in Jesus Christ, God’s Son. (Gal. 5:22-26, Rom. 12:2, Acts 2:36-39, and Phil. 3:8)
IV. …grow in FAVOR WITH MEN as established in Eph. 4:32 and Rom. 14:17-19.
- …to instill in each student a strong knowledge of and devotion to our country and our system of government, and an appreciation of our nation’s Christian
heritage. (Titus 3:1-2 and Romans 13:1-7)
- …to develop in each student an appreciation of the sanctity of the family, the obligations of citizenship, and the mission of the church. (Eph. 5:25-6:4, Matt. 10:1-6, 28:18-20)